FORUMS: list search recent posts

Popping particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Dodson
Popping particles
on Jun 14, 2007 at 12:34:42 am

I am using Particular to build a forest of trees.

I have a single tree particle -- I emit it in a Box and I get a forest. It looks great.

But as I fly the camera thru the "forest", very intermittantly trees "pop" on and off.

Pre-run is set to zero.
The particle is set to random still frame.
The particle source is a constant tree.

I am baffled.

Jim Dodson

Quad 2.5 gig Mac - OSX

Return to posts index

QueJet
Re: Popping particles
on Jun 14, 2007 at 5:18:50 am

well lets say you fly your camera into a tree, eventually your camera is going to go through the tree, so its going to be a very large scale covering the screen to transparent. so its not surprising you would see popping.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jun 14, 2007 at 9:14:45 am

This is because as you fly the camera through the scene, sometimes a tree that was behind another tree becomes in front, resulting in a "pop". Try increasing the distance between the trees or decrease the size of them. Or/and try and limit the camera movement.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jun 14, 2007 at 9:17:35 am

perhaps I should have added, this happens becuase the particles always face the camera. I mean, in a real forest the trees would not pop :-) But consider a forest where the trees are flat boards and always rotate to face you, if they are big enough, sometimes they would rotate into each other. That is why I suggested increasing the distance between them so they get space to rotate.

Peder

Return to posts index

Jim Dodson
on Jun 15, 2007 at 4:45:20 am

Thanks Peder -- that makes sense...

Jim Dodson

Quad 2.5 gig Mac - OSX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]