FORUMS: list search recent posts

training on match moving

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
riverdance
training on match moving
on Jun 3, 2007 at 8:29:21 pm

Does anyone know where i can find a dvd or a website that talks about 3d motion tracking for after effects. Because i'm just completely lost i import my files from pftrack as a maya after effects file and the distortion is all crazy with the 3d layers and when i turned a text file into a 3d layer it was backwards and upside down. I just need a complete tutorial from somewhere from start to finish if anybody knows of one. Thank You

Return to posts index

Lord Scales
Re: training on match moving
on Jun 4, 2007 at 1:56:54 am

Hmmm, wouldn't Boujou be better for this?

Return to posts index

riverdance
on Jun 4, 2007 at 6:53:44 am

I tried boujou as well and it is all crazy too. In the end all i want to do is have a 3d camera motion tracked for my trapcode plugins, i have some ideas of what i want to do and i can't make the imported camera play nice with my trapcode layer.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jun 4, 2007 at 9:01:39 am

If you skip the Trapcode plugs for a while, can you place a 3D solid in the scene so it matchmoves correctly?

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

riverdance
on Jun 4, 2007 at 2:26:33 pm

Thats the weird thing when i matchmove in a program it tracks then solves for the camera then i add a little object. example was a lady bug. I put the lady bug on my kitchen table and it sat there perfectly as the camera rotated around it but once i get into after effects i'm just lost and i have searched far and wide for a small tutorial but can't find it, and i truly hate bugging you guys with this problem. but this is what i'm trying to recreate in a way
http://www.ryan-w.com/ryan-w/clips/lightning_duel.mov
he used trapcode and boujou.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Jun 4, 2007 at 3:18:36 pm

OK, so then we have established that the issue is not related to Trapcode plugs.
I advice you to ask the maker of your 3D Tracker for support.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

riverdance
I figured it out
on Jun 4, 2007 at 9:12:52 pm

I feel such like a noob. I didn't realise that my imported null objects were the key. Before i would just parent the my solid to the null object. But it just clicked i need to make a new comp of whatever i wanted to use, for practice purpose i used a red solid that was all that was in the comp. I then clicked on the null object i wanted. then Alt Clicked on my comp and draged it onto the null object then i turned the opacity up to 100% and magic it worked perfect the red solid sets on my kitchen table like a trained puppy. Now i will check with adding the particular effect which i love and i will let you know from there. Hopefully this info will help others like me out there.

Thank You Peder

Return to posts index

riverdance
Re: I figured it out
on Jun 4, 2007 at 9:30:44 pm

Ok not quite. Now this is for particular. How do i make the emitter connect to a null object and show up in 3d because i did what i said earlier and it didn't work for particular. I have my null object at the exact point i want the emitter to shoot from.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: I figured it out
on Jun 5, 2007 at 7:38:45 am

Just copy the coords from the null to Particulars Emitter>Position XY and Z. The null is still, right, it has no keyframes?

Peder

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]