FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Feature Request

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
QueJet
Particular Feature Request
on May 25, 2007 at 8:08:28 am

This has to do with the turbulence options and the sphere options allowing us to distort the position of the particles depending on their positions within these fields.

Would it be possible to give these fields the ability to add velocities relative to their positions within these fields?

For example: instead of the sphere pushing the particles away from the centre (having them warp around it, which is really cool!) they simply get pushed away? This will be useful for splashing effects and the like.
Or in the turbulence field if you alter the velocity of the particles based on their positions in the turbulence field, combine that with air friction and we may see some visually stunning effects, this might range from fields of random 3d streaks making tangled webs, or even dragging particles toward random points causing a random clustering effect.

All the best Trapcode!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular Feature Request
on May 25, 2007 at 12:05:46 pm

The way these fields currently work they cannot affect particle velocity, only position. To make them work for velocity (and acceleration/force) would be super-cool, but super-hard to do and super-slow to render.

But I do have some new technologies for that kind of stuff, possibly it will go into Particular at some point, or a new product - they are not really compatable with how Particular works internally, we'll see. You can rest assured this is something I'm looking at.

Thanks for your requests.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 25, 2007 at 12:08:49 pm

QueJet, can you contact me off-list:
peder (dot) norrby (((/at.))) gmail |dot/ com

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

QueJet
on May 25, 2007 at 12:44:39 pm

The way these fields currently work they cannot affect particle velocity, only position. To make them work for velocity (and acceleration/force) would be super-cool, but super-hard to do and super-slow to render.
ahh yes i thought this may be the condition. Hmm... I see, these particles are travelling along a pre-determined path? Yes that must be it, that's how particular renders further frames along quickly. I don't specifically see a solution to this other then a huge render hit or a large rewrite. I agree.

However thinking on this... aaannd off the top of my head I can think of a theoretical method of doing these simulations that wouldn't be slow to RENDER the frames, however composition wide recalculations must be made if any changes were to be made).

I also agree this might be something for another product, particulars current system is powerful baring this fact, it's not worth the rewrite.

If I'm not mistaken, particle world actually uses a system where particles don't travel along pre-determined paths, it's notable that particles lag if you go far enough across the timeline. However in the process of rendering it seems to go fast. Maybe giving particles velocity and mass isn't inconceivable. After all, you only need to calculate from the start of the particles birth since particle motion shouldn't effect emission. (unless of course particles were to interact with each other (god help us!!))

I guess you've already thought this all through. Can't wait to see what trapcode comes up next!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]