FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import 3d stroke HD composite to SD in Combustion4

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DazPix
Import 3d stroke HD composite to SD in Combustion4
on May 24, 2007 at 12:05:20 pm

Hi,
Anyone know how to get a 3d stroke animation out of an HD composite in combustion and use and edit it in a new SD composite? Thanks.

Return to posts index

QueJet
Re: Import 3d stroke HD composite to SD in Combustion4
on May 25, 2007 at 1:49:09 am

Oh darn i wish i could be of more help here. But have you considered rendering this out in a very high quality SD format? That should work right? Though i must admit I've never used combustion, only seen it in action.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Return to posts index

Dazpix
on May 25, 2007 at 7:50:04 am

The problem I have is that I created a complex 3d stroke setup with lots of splines in an HD project, but now the client needs it as SD and rather than down res-ing it, I thought I could resize the operator parameters and import and edit it in a new SD project, where I need to match it to some live action.
Otherwise I will have to rebuild the whole thing again...phoooey!!!

Return to posts index

QueJet
on May 25, 2007 at 1:02:35 pm

Right of course, if you render it out you will committing changes that you don't want to commit too.

hmm To be honest its often that people will want work sampled down into SD from HD. But the fact is that down sampling is a GOOD thing and should be left till the very end...
This is an image i made a while ago using HDR 32 bit.
all of my sources were SD, but i maintained maximum definition and detail right till the bitter end, then sampled down. As a result i get a very complete color, (i don't see any artifacts... do you?)
What I'm getting at is the client wants SD, but that doesn't mean you cant work in HD.... err... unless... you don't mean live as in... streamed video... do you?err...

Anyway, if you have the path that the stroke travels, and the information of the plugin itself, you would recreate it, but its like tracing your own drawing, it's much faster and you already know what your doing. So the reconstruction should be mighty fast. Combustion might give you the ability composite HD compositions into SD projects. I would look into it.

anyway i would talk to these people Over Here. These people will likely be able to give you a hand! If not them then no one!

Return to posts index

QueJet
on May 25, 2007 at 1:07:49 pm

Darn I really want to apologize for posting this much, unfortunately I've being forced to use a web proxy as due to a slight mistake I've made in the podcasts section, as a result I've being IP banned from the Cow Forums. This has taken away my ability to preview my posts, and consequently has really made some of my posts rather ugly, and forced me to make double posts like these.

TO THE POINT:
There is a mistake in my post sent to you, the link contains the reference to the autodesk Combustion section of the creative cow forums

http://forums.creativecow.net/viewforum/14 <- which is actually here.

Return to posts index

DazPix
on May 25, 2007 at 3:12:31 pm

many thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]