FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE CS3 compatibility?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tudor Applen
AE CS3 compatibility?
on May 9, 2007 at 3:39:17 pm

Any idea how soon CS3 compatibility might be attained?

Return to posts index

Soheill
Re: AE CS3 compatibility?
on May 10, 2007 at 8:59:52 am

I want to know about this as well, I'm very curious. Let us know Peder.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 10, 2007 at 7:11:43 pm

Win version already work in CS3 win.
All plugs scheduled to ship before CS3 ships.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Soheill
on May 11, 2007 at 8:23:06 am

As I've heard some plugins won't use the multiprocessing future in Aftereffects CS3, thus the checkbox for multiprocessing. Is Trapcode plugins being implemented that it will use the full power of multiprocessing?

This is something I've heard in a Adobe seminar that it's up to the thirdparty company to make it capable with Multiprocessing.

As MattPea3 I'm doing some research before I end up buying a Duo Quadro.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 11, 2007 at 4:17:55 pm

We plan to make all Trapcode plugs support multi-processing in CS3 if the computer has enough memory. Ideally you need 2GB per core, 1GB per core is OK. 512MB per core is the minimum, but the system takes some mem so in practice that does not work. If you have enough memory AECS3 will render multiple frames at the same time, that is why so much memory is needed.

Trapcode Lux already supports multi-processing in itself on a subframe level.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

zuktoor2
on May 10, 2007 at 7:11:53 pm

Hi Tudor,

I'm using after effects CS3 for a week with the trapcode plugins.
I haven't noticed any compatibilities issues.

Return to posts index

MattPea3
on May 10, 2007 at 7:43:30 pm

Doing some investigating before we do both hardware upgrades (Octocore) and CS3 upgrades. Is anyone on an Intel Mac?
Have you seen the following post:

Date: May 8, 2007 at 5:21:07 am
Subject: plugin problems cs3 on mac intel

Hello.

I have the following problem.

I have installed Adobe After Effects CS3 and now i want to instal, for example, latest Trapcode plugs. All installation were successful.
I installed all of them in the After Effects CS3 Plugin directory. And when I launch After Effects, in the effects menu I can't see any of them.

I am workning on.

Mac Pro 2x3Gzh Intel Xeon Dual Core
5GB RAM
After Effects CS3

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 11, 2007 at 4:19:25 pm

UB builds of all Trapcode plugs will be available when AECS3 ships.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

MattPea3
on May 11, 2007 at 4:37:58 pm

Will this be a paid upgrade or a patch?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 12, 2007 at 12:43:11 am

UB versions of Particular, Lux, Sound Keys and Echospace will be free upgrades / patches.

Shine, Starglow and 3D Stroke will be paid upgrades if purchased before April 11th 2007, the new versions include a wide range of host support, 32pbc float capabilites and are of course UB so you can run them on MacTel computers.

Here is more info:

Shine, Starglow and 3D Stroke

Free Upgrades
Those who purchased any of these products on or after April 11, 2007 will receive a free upgrade.

Upgrades
Trapcode Shine, Starglow and 3D Stroke (all versions)- All licensed users of these individual products may upgrade to the new versions for $49 each.

Trapcode 3S Pack (all versions)- All licensed users of this Pack of products may up upgrade all three products at a reduced rate of $99 by purchasing the 3S Pack Upgrade product.

Trapcode Suite (all versions) - All licensed users of this Suite of products may up upgrade all three products at a reduced rate of $99 by purchasing the 3S Pack Upgrade product.

Shipping date: This product will be available this summer.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 12, 2007 at 11:41:06 am

We made a slight change to the upgrade policy:

If you have purchased all three - Shine, 3D Stroke and Starglow - individually over time you are eligable for the $99 3S Pack upgrade.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

nailgunner
on Jul 21, 2007 at 12:37:33 pm

I have the same problem as MattPea3

[MattPea3] "I have installed Adobe After Effects CS3 and now i want to instal, for example, latest Trapcode plugs. All installation were successful.
I installed all of them in the After Effects CS3 Plugin directory. And when I launch After Effects, in the effects menu I can't see any of them."

is trapcode not yet compatible with AE cs3 for intel mac?
Does anyone know what might be the problem?

thnx
Dennis

Return to posts index

PixelFreak
on Jul 22, 2007 at 12:44:06 pm

I have the same problem as MattPea3.

I've installed trapcode shine and particular on my mac pro in the plugin directory and they won't show up in my effects panel.

I've also tryed exactly the same on my powerbook... there everything seems to work great.

what might be the problem here?
does the combination: "mac pro (intel) - AE cs3 - trapcode" not work at the moment?

I've now installed my previous AE version again becouse i really need the trapcode plugins for the project I'm working on.

I hope someone can help me.

THNX

Return to posts index

Tudor Applen
on May 10, 2007 at 10:23:31 pm

On a MacPro or G5?

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Raytracesvin
on May 11, 2007 at 11:01:44 am

Hi there.

I just got back from the Adobe CS3 launch seminar here in Denmark and i am simply dying to get my hands on the new Master Collection.

My only concern is excactly what this thread is about - i would simply panic if i do not have the shine and the particular plug-in for my After Effects.

I can see that some have issues using it and some don't. I myself work on a normal PC - not a Mac; so i would like to know from the PC guys that everything is in order. Is it?? Is anyone facing combabilites problems on a PC?

Thank. Have a nice dag ;-)

Return to posts index

Raytracesvin
on May 11, 2007 at 9:10:04 pm

I was wondering; how can you be using After Effects CS3, when they even haven't launched the tryout at there website yet?

Return to posts index

Raytracesvin
on May 11, 2007 at 9:26:10 pm

Sorry. I just discovered that Adobe has several different sites with After Effects on it. Some of them have the option to download and some of them don't. I am now downloading, right this minute, a tryout and i am very excited to see the program and extremely excited about wether or not it will be possible to use the trapcode plug-ins with it.

Return to posts index

Raytracesvin
on May 11, 2007 at 10:06:43 pm

Hello

Me again. Sorry for all these posts. I just downloaded and tried out AECS3 and it is a beauty of a program. Furthermore; both my Trapcode plug-in's work out SO nicely....! No problem.

To you who had problems on the mac.....maybe you already know this, but just to make sure; if you had installed a Trapcode plug-in for a previous version of AE, and you install it again to match up with your new installation; be aware of that the plug-in by default will install itself to the OLD plug-in-directory. Maybe that is why you can't see it in AECS3??? Just a suggestion and something to keep in mind.

Have a nice evening...!

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 12, 2007 at 11:44:24 am

Once again, on a Mac with Intel processor(s) running AECS3 you'll need the new UB versions to be able to load the plugs (unless you run AECS3 under rosetta, which we do not reccomend).

Look in this thread for info on release dates and upgrade poilicys.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]