FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 Particular Questions

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
The Matt Hall
2 Particular Questions
on May 7, 2007 at 9:40:20 pm

1 - I am doing a simulation of a crowd. So I have a box emitter with a wide y value, and 1 for x and z. The crowd all walks in the same direction at different speeds, and looks good. But I would like to be able to make them all take their own curvy path instead of just straight. I tried applying the turbulence field, but it made them go up and down in z space. any suggestions?

2 I would like to have each person in the crowd be thei own color from birth - but not a random gradient, my defined gradient, is that possible?

Many thanks!
matt

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
gcole_5
Re: 2 Particular Questions
on May 8, 2007 at 8:49:04 pm

Just some quick thoughts...

1 - reduce the particles per second on your Particular layer -- add a keyframe for 'Wind X' under the Physics settings - add a wiggle expression to this field to modulate the x position of the particles randomly over time. Then, duplicate your layer several times and change each layers settings to: a) under options change the 'Random Seed' number to vary the particles starting positions and b) adjust the values of the wiggle expression to vary the movement/amount of change.

One note: Your particles can/will overlap with this method...

Here is a quick comp with the expression/etc.

http://www.espermedia.com/crowd.aep

2 - to vary the color - select 'Set Color > Random from Gradient', then edit any of the preset gradients under 'Color Over Life'. You can edit the colors by double-clicking on their icons at the bottom, or reposition them by dragging them to the left/right...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]