FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving along a 3D stroke

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rTill3
Moving along a 3D stroke
on Apr 25, 2007 at 8:02:31 pm

I have been using After Effects for about a month now for the design firm I'm co-oping for and have become fairly comfortable with. I recently started using the Trapcode plug-ins and was curious as to whether or not there was a way to make an image, or anything for that matter, travel along the path of the 3D stroke. Basically the effect I want is a logo or symbol moving along this path in 3D space with the rest of the 3D stroke "trailing" it. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Till

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Moving along a 3D stroke
on Apr 26, 2007 at 4:33:31 am

may only work when camera is in default position (reset camera if needed before all this)

select the 3D stroke layer with your stroke in the timeline
hit the "m" key to bring up mask properties in the timeline
select the "Mask Shape" property (click it so it highlights) in the timeline
hit copy
select the layer you want to move along the stroke
hit "p" to bring up the positon property
select the Position property
hit paste
adjust timing by dragging (or alt-dragging, cannot remember) the last keyframe for Position

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

rTill3
on Apr 26, 2007 at 12:37:44 pm

I forgot to mention that I used 3D stroke's bend property to make the path appear to wrap around some text. I'm actually trying to get my object to follow the path after it's been bent. The problem is that the path still registers as the 2D line and is only 3D when the effect is happening.

Sorry about the confusion, but thanks for the advice.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Apr 26, 2007 at 2:03:01 pm

yeah, the bending is hard to simulate, you'd have to write an expression, maybe ask dan ebberts..

Peder

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]