FORUMS: list search recent posts

only one light emitter per instance of particular - possible?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ScottPM
only one light emitter per instance of particular - possible?
on Apr 12, 2007 at 5:43:56 am

hey guys (or peder),

is it possible to have multiple light emitters in one comp, but have each instance of particular use only one emitter? for example, i have 5 points of emission, and i want to fire particles in a direction from these points using emitter>light and directional. i also want each of the 5 streams to follow a motion path.
it doesn't seem to be possible to apply particular to 5 solids, and have instance 1 use emitter 1, instance 2 use emitter 2... etc.
the only way i can see to do this is to precomp each instance separately... true or false?
thanks,
scott.

Return to posts index

gcole_5
Re: only one light emitter per instance of particular - possible?
on Apr 12, 2007 at 6:21:38 am

In each instance of particular - click on 'Options' and change the name for the light layer to use from 'Starts with: Emitter' to something unique for each instance... Name each light layer in your comp accordingly and you should be set.

So - your first instance of particular has the field set to 'Emitter' and you have a light layer in your comp named 'Emitter'. In the next instance of Particular, change 'Emitter' under options to something else... say 'Bmitter' ;)... again, add a light layer and name it 'Bmitter' - make sense???

Return to posts index

ScottPM
on Apr 12, 2007 at 8:05:20 am

excellent! i rarely open the options tab and had forgotten that this existed. :)

Return to posts index

srhappy
on Apr 14, 2007 at 12:25:46 pm

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue: I am in a similar situation.
I followed the excellent advice by gcole (thank you for the share)... however the Light Emitters and Smokelet Shadow are both inaccessible (greyed out). The rest of the options - Aux Systems, Emission Extra, etc are ALL modifiable. Just the Light Emitters and Smokelet Shadow are not.
SO , I am thinking (with my limited knowledge) that perhaps access to modify the Light Emitter might be dependent upon which effects preset I have selected... so I tested the presets / options propositions... some get grayed out depending upon which preselection is selected... but I have not yet found a way to modify the famous Emitter ...
Sooo, I tried to create multiple instances on new layers, blend "add" and low and behold, the most fantastic fireworks is in preparation !
Though I seem to have solved my particular problem of creating a fireworks with multiple emitters, I'm not sure that this will help ScottPM who raised the issue as I seem to understand he cannot do this.
Does anyone know if I SHUOULD be able to modify mitter in the Fireworks preselections? Is it a bug? (I have a registered version, of course.)
Best to all,
sara

Return to posts index

gcole_5
on Apr 15, 2007 at 3:50:04 pm

I assume you ar selecting the 't_FireworksRound' and other presets... This preset uses an emitter type of 'point'. This emitter type does not use the light or shadow settings in the options pop-up. These settings are for emitter type 'light' (from the drop-down in the main controls) or particle type 'smokelet' for the shadow setting.

You can load a preset and then change the 'emitter type' or 'particle type' to access these controls in options, but that changes the preset, obviously...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]