FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular and tracking

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zac bolinger
Particular and tracking
on Mar 19, 2007 at 11:46:38 am

i have a shot of a girl dancing and i want to use particular to emit particles following her hands. How do i set this up? Do I track in AE and then use that with Particluar or do i just create a motion path with a light? Any tutorials or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

sland_r
Re: Particular and tracking
on Mar 21, 2007 at 2:10:38 pm

1. Create a null object and remember to center the anchor point.
2. Use the null object to track the hand creating keyframes with position and scale changes to the null object. The anchor point must rest on any one finger tip that you want the particles to flow out of.
Note: If you're wondering why you want to be playing around with the scale of the null object, the scale of the null object can later be linked with an expression to alter the scale of your emitter or particles to give you 3D depth should you need it. This would arise if the hand is moving back and forth in 3D space.
3. Create the emitter and attach it's position and scale to the null objects values.
4. Try tweaking the air physics over time, depending on the hand motion to get additional realism into the particle emission. This is particularly useful if you don't want your particles to cluster during slow movements or dissipate aimlessly as they die.

Return to posts index

zac bolinger
on Mar 21, 2007 at 4:09:57 pm

i will give that a shot, thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Kilmyneo
on Mar 25, 2007 at 6:41:54 pm

2 questions please.

1- why dont you use track motion and attach to the emitter.

2- have any tutorial will you explain whit images how to use the null object to attach whit an emitter??? i never saw that example.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]