FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular custom particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vinmark
Particular custom particles
on Feb 15, 2007 at 10:16:59 pm

i have a butterfly animation i am doing, i want to have a trail left buy its wings similar to the nano stuff, so i made a custom particle, the problem is that my particle is animated so that it syncs with the wings but then the whole particle animates, i just want it to find the current in my custom particle put it on the stage and freeze frame, so that there is like wave of particles being left behind. is there any way to do this?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular custom particles
on Feb 16, 2007 at 4:43:24 am

No, that would need a new Time Sampling option - something like "Current and Freeze". Would be cool, will consider for next version.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 16, 2007 at 7:01:57 am

Try the normal Echo effect in AE. You need to pre-comp your particle setup, then apply the effect.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

vinmark
on Feb 16, 2007 at 2:45:33 pm

thanks for the help, didn't really work i think i figured out a better way to do what i want to do tho! i am wondering if you can answer a related question, can particles light up other layers? or how would you achieve this effect. i want my light trial to light up what near.

Vinmark Productions

"leaving a mark on culture"

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 16, 2007 at 3:30:43 pm

No, particles cannot emit light. However, as per mi iPod tutorial, you can use duplicates of your trails to "light" your scen by applying them in Add mode and blurring them.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]