FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular and deflector?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Renderwise
Particular and deflector?
on Feb 14, 2007 at 9:03:57 am

Hi!
Tried the demo version of Particular last night and I am impressed! What I cant find out is if it is possible to create deflectors in Particular?
I know one can use deflectors with Particle Playground, but I am looking for a second and better option. Particle Illusion is great for this, but I would like to do as much as possible in After Effects.
/Ingemar

Renderwise Ingemar Bj

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular and deflector?
on Feb 14, 2007 at 7:03:32 pm

Particular only supports 1 single collision in Bounce mode. It uses a 3D layer as a simple plane and respects the ALpha channel of this plane as a grate/ sieve. You can also get some spherical bouncing by using the radial field in Air mode with high values, but that pretty much covers it. Masks do not work, since Particular is operating in 3D space. For more exotic stuff you have to stick with Thinking Particles and your other tools. ;O)

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Renderwise
Re: Particular and deflector?
on Feb 14, 2007 at 9:37:12 pm

Hi Mylenium and thanks for your answer. This time, TP is not the way to go since I am going to add particlefx on videofootage. With the exception of the lack of deflectors, Particular seems to be the right choice.

Renderwise Ingemar Bj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]