FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emitter position in nested composition problems

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
practicingK
Emitter position in nested composition problems
on Feb 6, 2007 at 6:28:56 pm

Hi all,

This forum has been a great resource over the last year and it's the first time that I'm posting with a (seemingly) simple question that I haven't been able to solve. I have a comp that I've created and animated that includes layers set back in Z-space and also includes a Particular particle layer at the bottom of the stack as a sort of light burst behind the rest of the layers. That composition is then placed into a second composition where I've animated a camera and collapsed transformations on my animated comp to use the Z-depth information while the camera is moving. The problem is that when I flip the collapsed transformation switch the particle emitter from the layer in my nested comp gets repositioned out of whack, presumably because it's now using the main camera's information. Now, the question is how to keep the emitter properly aligned with my original comp? I'd like to keep it nested for effects that I'm using on top of that original composition. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Emitter position in nested composition problems
on Feb 7, 2007 at 6:24:10 am

[practicingK] "Now, the question is how to keep the emitter properly aligned with my original comp? I'd like to keep it nested for effects that I'm using on top of that original composition. Any help would be greatly appreciated!"

You don't and you more or less answered your own question. Using collapse transformations will reset the coordinate system of each comp so it is uniform throughout the netire nested chain. Your only option is to have Particular in a extra comp with a camera that you link to your other camera using simple pickwhip expressions.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]