FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating fluid dotted line without gaps

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ooopsmartin
Animating fluid dotted line without gaps
on Feb 6, 2007 at 12:23:43 am

I have to get this really simple animation finished very, very soon. I'm trying to animate a dotted line with 3Dstroke. This line has to grow from one point to another, wich I achieved. But after this line is drawn, the dots on the line have to keep moving. I played with the offset, but I keep getting gaps instead of a seamlessly fluid animation. Can you PLEASE give me some advise here? Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Animating fluid dotted line without gaps
on Feb 6, 2007 at 6:48:53 am

That's not going to work. The dots are re-distributed according to the segemnts of the mask path, 3DStroke trying to keep an even number on each segment. It doesn't sound like you are using 3DStroke with any 3D properties, so you should look into using a text layer tied to a mask path. Using animators you can achieve this much better.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Ooopsmartin
on Feb 6, 2007 at 8:34:35 am

Thanks a lot for your reply! I was already afraid that it wouldnt work. Using a textlayer with a maskk path sounds real complicated to me. I've never used it before. You would help me a lot if you could explain me how to do this. I have to animate a lot of paths this way... But thanks again!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 6, 2007 at 10:02:29 am

Simply create a standard text layer using a circular dingbat (Alt+0149 on the numpad on Windows). Then draw/ copy your mask on the text layer. Under Text --> Advanced --> Path assign this mask as a text path. Use the kerning controls to get a dense spacing. To animate a path offset, use the Left Margin/ Right Margin option. For further animation add an animator from the little "Animate" flyout and adjust their start, end and offset values.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]