FORUMS: list search recent posts

using a circle as an emitter?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian valente
using a circle as an emitter?
on Feb 4, 2007 at 7:18:49 am

So I'm trying to create an effect where an invisible elephant's foot (it's the shape of a circle) stamps down to the ground and creates a circle of dust that settles quickly. I can't quite figure out how to create a circle emitter - I assumed I could use a layer and specify that as the emitter, but no luck. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks

Brian

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: using a circle as an emitter?
on Feb 4, 2007 at 10:33:07 am

Not sure why you'd even want a circle emitter in such a scenario. Since you are going to match your stuff in 2D anyways, it seems kinda pointless and more or less I have never seen it done this way. just use 2 or 3 conventional box emitters and place them accordingly. If you insist on a circle, try layer grid. but be warned, due to the way layer emitters are sampled, it's going to be a major cramp in the ass (meaning it will be slow on accasion and difficult to control).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

brian valente
on Feb 4, 2007 at 3:12:56 pm

Hi Mylenium,

well, I sort of found an answer - the pyro pack you referenced in another post shows an example of this (sort of, the ring of fire example). Doesn't seem inappropriate for what I'm trying to do, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for your input

Cheers

Brian

Return to posts index

brian valente
on Feb 4, 2007 at 4:45:45 pm

I have gotten pretty close to what I want. here is a quick movie output:

http://www.redrockmicro.com/circle_stomp.mov

Let me point out that the layer emitter I think requires a precomposed layer to get it to work correctly. That and a lot of fiddling with particle life and a few other variables. Also I keyed the # of emitters so one frame is 50,000 and the next is 0, and the life just fades it out over time. That way I can control timing and placement.

Hope that helps others

Cheers

Brian

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 4, 2007 at 7:25:35 pm

Glad you could get a working setup for your purposes. I was assuming you wanted to compose something edge on into existing footage.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]