FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple instances of echospace

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zm102484
Multiple instances of echospace
on Feb 2, 2007 at 6:08:41 am

I am trying to create an effect like the commercial when the guy is in a blank room and he is selecting a car, 10 rows of cars shoot past him, then to the left and then past him again. I want to create this effect with a picture and echospace but when i try to either copy and paste or put another picture in the comp and apply the effect it gives me the expression errors. how can i fix this problem??

thank you!!

Zach

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Multiple instances of echospace
on Feb 2, 2007 at 6:49:03 pm

Well,Echospace's expressions are auto-named and unless you manually rename your stuff, you cannot use multiple instances in one comp. As a simple workaround, use multiple comps, and enable collapse transformations and the 3D switch when using them in your main comp.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

zm102484
on Feb 2, 2007 at 9:22:37 pm

Thank you i think that will work! Is there a way i can get shadows to show behind the picture? the shadow option is on under the material options in the comp. I have an overhead light with the pictures coming in and out of the light but there are no shadows on the floor. I have all the proper buttons checked i believe to enable shadows. Is there any way i can do this? Thank you!

Zach

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 3, 2007 at 6:37:32 pm

If your light is an overhead light, you won't see much shadow. It probably is there, but only a few pixels wide so it gets oblitereated due to the camera perspective. Remember, AE's layers are flat and have no real thickness. To get shadows your light has to be at an angle to the face. or directly perpendicular to it.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]