FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular 2d/3d

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Ecker
Particular 2d/3d
on Jan 28, 2007 at 9:09:55 pm

Hello,
I've built a variation of the ipod nano light streaks, a la Andrew Kramer's tutorial. Rotating the camera around the streaks shows me it's in 3d, but when I try to drop a 3d element in the comp, it is either in front or behind the streaks, but never intersecting (which is what I want). I suspect this is because particular is an effect emitting upon a 2d layer. Is it possible to place 3d items (film plates) on points along the path of the emitter (and have a camera folllow the emitter) or do I need to utilize some form of 3d stroke?

Sorry if it's a dodgy description of the problem...
Thanks,
Ken.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular 2d/3d
on Jan 29, 2007 at 8:26:36 am

Check the Obscuration layer in the Visibility section. Your intersecting layer needs to be a 3D layer and has to have proper Alpha, so pre-compose it.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Ken Ecker
Re: Particular 2d/3d
on Jan 29, 2007 at 7:49:45 pm

Thanks Mylenium, but I still can't get it done. As a test, I built a vertical 3d circle being drawn as a light streak. Then I precomposed a 5 second movie and brought it in. I checked the 3d box for the movie pre-comp and set the obscuration layer of the particle circle to the movie precomp. Using all of the camera angles, I placed the movie precomp layer in the center of the circle. When I look at the movie through any camera, it's either behind the circle or in front of, but I can't get the light streak circle to draw around the movie. The streak starts at the top of the circle, and I'm trying to animate it to go behind the movie, then underneath, then in front of, then finishing at the start point. I've tried several different modes, read every thing I could find on trapcode, and am still unsuccessful. I don't think I'm an idiot, but I sure do feel like one.
Thanks for your great help Mylenuim

Ken.

Return to posts index

Ken Ecker
Closure
on Jan 30, 2007 at 12:49:15 am

After much fiddling, I duplicated the streaks and roto'd some of the 3d layers to make the effect work. It might have been something do do with using a single light source as the emitter , but either way, I'm pretty sure it's my inability as opposed to limitations of the equipment.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Closure
on Jan 30, 2007 at 8:11:06 am

Make sure your Particular layer is always on top of the other layer in the timeline. Not sure what the problem could be otherwise.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Ken Ecker
Re: Closure
on Jan 30, 2007 at 8:15:08 am

Yeah, it was. I'm wrapping a project right now, so I'm super busy, but maybe in a few days I'll post a link or screenshot or something. Thanks agian.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]