Motion Path Light Paint

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Finster
Motion Path Light Paint
on Jan 23, 2007 at 6:48:40 pm

I was looking at this file from trapcode-people:

http://www.trapcode-people.net/filedetails.php?fileid=197

I don't understand how the particles are following the motion path? The motion path is a light, but the emitter is not set to "light." Why then does it follow the light path???

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Motion Path Light Paint
on Jan 24, 2007 at 7:01:36 am

The motion path feature in Particular 1.5 makes the particles follow the path. It doesn't matter where the emitter is placed as after the first few frames all particles will have moved towards the target path. The motion is exclusively defined by the path light.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Finster
on Jan 24, 2007 at 1:55:44 pm

What if you have more than one motion path? How will Particular know which one to follow?

Is there some place where you actually tell Particular to follow the motion path? Or does Particular just do this automatically?

Thanks Mylenium.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 24, 2007 at 6:30:48 pm

You name your light accordingly and then pick it in Particular's interface. nothing to worry about. Why don't you just download the demo and give it a try?

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Finster
on Jan 24, 2007 at 9:13:46 pm

I had already downloaded the demo and tried it. I just couldn't find "Motion Path 1" in the Particular settings. I thought it would be under the Emitter settings or Particle settings. But now I have found it. It's under Physics > Air > Motion Path!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]