FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shine suddenly displaying red cross (non registered) intermittantly

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Bonniol
Shine suddenly displaying red cross (non registered) intermittantly
on Jan 18, 2007 at 6:15:04 pm

So suddenly, when I render, the registration red cross is showing up about every 4th frame. I am using Nucleo to render. This wasn't a problem before today. Any thoughts ? I've re-entered my serial in the options tab.

When I render without Nucleo, there is no problem...

Best,

Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Shine suddenly displaying red cross (non registered) intermittantly
on Jan 18, 2007 at 6:53:31 pm

You're on a Mac, right? This is a Nucleo problem (which should have been fixed). Contact GridIron, they will tell you what to do. If you search the main AE forum, I believe you can also find an answer by Steve Forde himself.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Steve Forde
Re: Shine suddenly displaying red cross (non registered) intermittantly
on Jan 19, 2007 at 12:46:56 am

Trapcode has a beta out that fixes the issue. They may even be released now.

Here is the link I had...

http://www.trapcode.com/TrapcodeNucleoMac.html

Steve
GridIron Software Inc.

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
Thanks a bunch
on Jan 19, 2007 at 6:20:07 pm

Thanks for the info everybody. At the moment, a reinstall and re-register of SHine did the trick, but I'm going to follow up on the Nucleo side and with the new SHine beta file.

Cheers,
Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Thanks a bunch
on Jan 19, 2007 at 11:54:48 pm

if you are on mac install the new Trapcode betas that Steve pointed to, otherwise the problem will come back sooner or later.

Peder Norrb / Trapcode

Return to posts index

HolyCowSeattle
Re: Thanks a bunch......Doctor.
on Feb 4, 2007 at 9:24:53 am

Excuse the frustrated sarcasm here.... "Glad you all finally got it figured out!"

We beat our head against the wall for over a year using Trapcode plugs with Gridiron X-Factor. We ALSO got the intermittent "Unregistered X" in our renders as well. Nobody (Trapcode/Gridiron) was ever able to offer a firm acknowledgment that the problem existed, much less a working fix/suggestion.

I understand that this is a slightly different product combination. (We were using X-Factor and Trapcode...obviously this thread addresses a Nucleo + Trapcode issue.) The point being we had the same problem previously...so continue reading.

I am not in any way knocking these developers. You answer the phone when we call for support(which is a magical feeling for the user...no voice mail...no operators...just a human on the other end..that is so wonderfully reassuring!) and you make GREAT products. You are fabulous people and we are in no way criticizing you. Again, you make great products and we like you in a truly respectful professional non-creepy way. Really.

However, the problem remains that we just about lost our minds when your two products wouldn't work together in our environment, and nobody else in the world (at the time) seemed to be having the same problem. We wiped and re-loaded. And re-loaded. 14 render machines + 1 artist workstation! Try reloading the OS, fonts, installing AE and re-authorizing plugins on 15 machines at least 5 times per machine over the course of a year. (BTW--I still have all our plugin serials memorized! That many serializations leaves a mark on ones brain....or rather a scar.)

LET ME REITERATE: I am simply rejoicing that there has (FINALLY) been public acknowledgment and a fix offered for a (similar)problem that nearly drove us to insanity---a problem which ultimately caused us to abandon using the renderfarm process with Trapcode and Gridiron. It is like all those people whose "mystery disease" finally gets a name and diagnosis. They spend years wondering what was wrong with them...and then their "mystery disease" is suddenly classified. It restores hope.

Even though it is too late for us.....thank you for restoring hope.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]