FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble With Shine...

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GohanGuy
Trouble With Shine...
on Jan 17, 2007 at 12:56:05 am

Hi everyone! I'm a noob so please bear with me, if this question has already been answered in the past, please guide me to the thread. Thanks!

I have a video clip of sliding doors opening to reveal text behind it. I created a mask on the video clip to achieve this effect. However, I want to use Shine as the doors part and have the rays extend slightly ontop of and beyond the opening doors.

When I apply shine I don't know how to contain it-there is an oval mask preset but that does not suffice because I need it to work in a rectangular one. Please help!

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Trouble With Shine...
on Jan 17, 2007 at 6:11:58 am

Follow those simple steps:

a)pre-compose you animated doors
b)in another comp, use two instances of the pre-comp you just created.
c) on the lower one, apply effects like Minimax or simple Choker to expand it. Add a Fill effect and set the color to white
d) set The matte mode to Inverted Alpha. Your top layer will now cut out parts from the lower one, leaving a small rim
e) use that new comp as a layer in your main comp and apply Shine to it.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

GohanGuy
Re: Trouble With Shine...
on Jan 22, 2007 at 5:14:45 am

Mylenium, I really appreciate your timely response and your ideas. Your suggestions springboarded ideas that my faculty advisor and I utilitzed to make the effect work. Thanks again for your time and input!

Gohan:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]