FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular and exported XSI/Soft Image Data Scaling issues

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan
Particular and exported XSI/Soft Image Data Scaling issues
on Jan 16, 2007 at 5:40:31 pm

I'm using a light as an emitter in particular. I have camera and tracking position info that I've brought in from and XSI scene. Everything works great pretty much. The problem is I've parented the Light(emitter) to a null that holds the position tracking data from the scene and I'm having some scale problems. Even when the null is set to like, .5 scale, the size of my particles have to be set to a miniscule value, or else they're HUGE. This is a problem, becease effectively if means, I'm really, really tight on the emitter. Even with the size set to zero on the x, y, and z, the emitter is way to spread out. It's like being really, really close up to an atom. All the parts seem really spaced apart. even though from a normal perspective, they're more densly packed. And I need the light, because I want to be able to animate the emitter on a normal motion path.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-B

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular and exported XSI/Soft Image Data Scaling issues
on Jan 16, 2007 at 7:12:55 pm

Your scene units from XSI get interpreted as pixel values in AE so 1m = 1 Pixel or something like that. A common problem with 3D imports. You can post-scale all your data by using simple expressions like this:

X=position[0]*1000;
Y=position[1]*1000;
Z=position[2]*1000;

[X,Y,Z]

Shoudl give you the headroom you need. Just keep in mind that you need to apply such expressions to al limported items, not just one of them!

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]