FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking to create "PLASMA" or "STATIC BALL" FX...

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
silversurfer
Looking to create "PLASMA" or "STATIC BALL" FX...
on Jan 12, 2007 at 10:52:24 pm

Hello Friends...

Please take a look at this pic for me. I am looking to create something like the blue plasma waves in these examples:

I want to be able to control the waves from an emitter point and have them spred in different directions. It looks like Particular can do this...not sure how. Any suggestions on how or other plug-ins would be fabulous. I own the Trapcode Suite.

Thank you so much :)

- Joey

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Looking to create "PLASMA" or "STATIC BALL" FX...
on Jan 13, 2007 at 1:08:14 pm

That might prove difficult, but not undoable. Particularly the spherical one should be managable. Mostly you only need to balance out the velocity from a simple emitter with Air Resistance, so your particles come to a stop at the "bubble's" wall. Emit a few on the first few frams, then keyframe your Particles/sec. to 0 to stop emission. During all the time, have them emit Aux particles to form the strands. Make sure that both your main particles as well as the AUX system have a very long life. now simply play with the Turbulence settings. Make sure that you have the Aux particles also affected by Turbulence by setting that parameter on the Options panel.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

silversurfer
on Jan 16, 2007 at 3:59:46 am

Thanx for the input - I will give it a go :)

No other input from anyone else on this? No other plug-ins or techniques available? PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICS EMBEDDED.

Thank you.

- Joey

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 16, 2007 at 6:20:38 am

I added some comment in the main AE forum, so go there.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

silversurfer
on Jan 16, 2007 at 2:26:43 pm

Thanx. I saw the Lightning & Advanced Lightning comment. Not what I am looking for...thanx. Anything else?? Look at the pics...very specific what I am looking to do.

Thank you.

- Joey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]