FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to get emitter to spell words

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RG-helper
Trying to get emitter to spell words
on Jan 11, 2007 at 12:31:24 am

From Red Giant Software Customer:

I'm trying to get the application to spell words based off the demo from http://www.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/nano/index.html. However the emitter layer won't let me.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Trying to get emitter to spell words
on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:04:13 am

I'm not sure what your customer actually wants. The key here is the particles, not the emitter. If he wants words, he'd just have to use particles made of text.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

jmartin060
on Jan 11, 2007 at 2:22:08 pm

I'm trying to get the pattern of the "light streak" to be one that I define. I used the files from (http://www.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/nano/index.html) and tried to manipulate the emiter layer. I want to spell out AWEN but want to use it just like the example. In the commercial the ipod is flying around and the streak follows it. So what I'm asking is how would you control where the streaks are going?

Any help would be great!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 11, 2007 at 4:06:09 pm

You animate the position of the light the emitter is tied to manually and get rid of the wiggle expression. No other way than that (just in case you were hoping to use a font or whatever) ;o)

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

jmartin060
on Jan 11, 2007 at 4:08:35 pm

ok, I'll try that then. Sorry very green with this. Just want to make my World of Warcraft vid awesome. thx for the help!

Return to posts index

jmartin060
on Jan 12, 2007 at 1:24:25 pm

Well I tried working with the camera but that didn't seem to work very well. I'm thinking you might not be able to control the streaks via this method.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 12, 2007 at 4:51:44 pm

It's possible, but the camera shouldn't move too much. Particulars' particles are sprites always oriented towards the camera, so they only look good from certain angles. If your angle becomes to flat, the effect of the streaks becomes to weak because there are not enough sprites blending additively.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]