FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular - 3D Spinning

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzan Martino
Particular - 3D Spinning
on Jan 10, 2007 at 5:01:16 pm

Hello :)

I'm new in "trapcode" world, so, I'd like to know if is it possible to make a stream of little stars fly around a text.
I tried using the paths, z position and reading the posts here, but I didn't get how can I do this...

the particles are always in front of the text.

Thanks in advance! :)

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular - 3D Spinning
on Jan 11, 2007 at 6:41:04 am

Make sure your text is a 3D layer, then assign it as an "Obscuration layer" in the "Visibility" options.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Menina
on Jan 11, 2007 at 1:22:49 pm

Many thanks! :D

It's great now!
just one thing i noticed that might be "relevant": this obscuration attribut only takes effects on solids or compositions, so what i did was take my text to a new comp and everything went well!

ahm, there is another thing now...
what REALLY makes the path? because when i make a light named "emitter" and sets the particle to follow this, it isn't enough... i have to make another light, name it "motion path X" and set the particle to follow it too.

what am I doing wrong?

you guys are saving my life! hehe ^_^

:: (_(

*: (=' :') :*

.. (,('')('')

Return to posts index

sixgun
on Jan 11, 2007 at 3:56:44 pm

I seem to be having trouble getting Lights to work as Emitters (Particular V1.5 under AE 6.5 PRO) also.. Motion Path seems to work fine but not Lights on thier own.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 11, 2007 at 4:14:02 pm

It works just as it is intended. You both seem to not have taken care to adjust the particles and emitter themselves which are tied to the emitter. Not just the position is inherited but also emission direction (spotlights), color and opacity. A light that has no intensity will emit completely transparent particles, which thus are invisible, for instance. Just play around with the parameters. Of course also check for any typos in the naming of your lights. The entire linking is based on looking for specific strings in lights# names, so take care.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

sixgun
on Jan 11, 2007 at 6:39:50 pm

I actually did all the things you mention. And I even opened old 1.0 projects with lights that I know worked. But these did not operate under 1.5: No particles emitted from the lights. However I found that if I use a layer emitter and then switch the name of the created null light to Emitter and then change back to a Light Emitter in Particular that it works.

Return to posts index

Menina
on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:03:10 pm

Wow!

It worked usind a "point" light!
I didn't use the Motion Path.

Just created a "point" light, set emitter as "light" and worked!
the result is here:

:: (_(

*: (=' :') :*

.. (,('')('')

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]