FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invisible particles do count as particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dj_tjerk
Invisible particles do count as particles
on Jan 9, 2007 at 12:04:10 pm

I've been using layer grid to emit particles from a precomposed text layer, in which words appear and disappear. The precomp is about 300x300 pixels so i thought of using that as the grid size too.

But when particles are emitted from one word, visible in the precomp, and less than half a second later, another word appears and particles should be emitted, they are not. Probably because the max of 200.000 particles/sec and a grid size of 300x300 (90.000 particles) roughly allows 2 full grids a second. Now there is only a small area visible for each word (i guess about 700 pixels), and with only those, and with the max particles/sec i can create many grids per second.

So why do the invisible particles count as particles, isn't there any way around this? (except for resizing the precomp, that would mean i have to position a lot of keyframes (100+), or making a solid with particular for each appearance of a word)

Return to posts index

dj_tjerk
Re: Invisible particles do count as particles
on Jan 9, 2007 at 2:54:43 pm

So basically what i want is that only particles emitted in visible areas count as particles, and maybe that the limit of 200.000 could be removed.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Invisible particles do count as particles
on Jan 9, 2007 at 3:46:50 pm

It's an inherent principle of layer grid emitters - by switching to this mode, you explicitely tell Particular to sample all pixels on a plane, regardlesss of color, Alpha and whatnot. In your case the normal layer mode would be a better option, though it's sampling randomly distributed. I agree that some sort of ordered layer mode but without the overhead of the grid would be nice. There is no real solution to your problem. For the time being you should simply limit your particle emission by properly adjusting your layer and grid sizes.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]