FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular - Particle Attractor - Destination Point

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
VanHagen
Particular - Particle Attractor - Destination Point
on Jan 8, 2007 at 5:14:59 pm

I am using trapcode particular to animate the foam blast or foam arc of an fire extinguisher. The foam needs to hit specific point. At the moment I am trying to do so by animating the angle or position of the emitter. It is a very tidious method. Gravitation and the time delay of the particles make it hard to hit the right spots.

Is there a way to animate or control the destination point of the particles? Something like an attractor? The path function in physics looked promising but you cannot animate the path.

I am happy to explain it a bit more if I haven't discribed it well enough.

Thanks for your help, Jochen Hirschfeld.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular - Particle Attractor - Destination Point
on Jan 8, 2007 at 7:13:44 pm

You can use the Radial field with a strong negative value and animate its position to attract your particles. The only problem is that it will accelerate them, so you may need to add a lot of Air Resistance to slow them down again. Beyond that I don't really see a way. If you want to give it a try and it's feasible, you can also time-reverse your project - emit the particles from the end based on a layer/ layer grid emitter, then have them sucked in by a black hole (aka your Radial field). Time-reverse and it will look like it's spitting out the particles. Beyond that this is once again an example of things that can be done much easier in a 3D program.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular - Particle Attractor - Destination Point
on Jan 13, 2007 at 8:58:15 pm

The Motion Path feature should be perfect for this unless you need to change the path over time, why do you need that?

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]