FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow Motion Rain

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rubix54
Slow Motion Rain
on Jan 7, 2007 at 9:52:56 pm

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a clip similar to Pierre Michel's Polar 2007 but am having some difficulty animating a rain drop. I have all the rain animations down and everything, but since I want it done in slow motion, each individual rain drop has to look great. I think Pierre pulled it off and was wondering if anybody else had any suggestions for animating an individual drop. thanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Slow Motion Rain
on Jan 8, 2007 at 6:29:28 am

This has been discussed - sort of. Personally I do not believe that he used Particular for the closeup slomo drops (only the stringy fast moving rain). They simply look too 3D-ish. I haven't seen the scene files/ project or a wireframe render to prove it, though. Re-creating the look inside AE is going to be a bit of a pain. For a cheap version, you need to build a prototype drop with effects such of CC Sphere or Circle (multiple instances for highlights, rim light etc.). You can then take this drop and displace it in some way so it does not look too regular. After that, you more or less only need to use your pre-comp as a custom particle and split it into multiple clips using "Split Clip" or Random methods. You need to build a similar black&white version of the entire setup which you can then use as a displacement map on your background footage for fake refractions.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]