FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spinning Static Fields and Multiple Particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sixgun
Spinning Static Fields and Multiple Particles
on Jan 7, 2007 at 2:31:00 am

I have two questions:

Firstly: I need to create a ring of particles that rotates around a central point, like a wheel. I have managed to create the ring using a modified version of the Static Starfield preset but cannot get it to rotate. Any Suggestions including completly different methods?

Secondly: I need to create different particle types from a single emitter (more than two) Would I be able to, for example: Create a ten second comp then create a custom particle which is fourty seconds long and changes every ten seconds for a total of four particle "types"? Is there a way to get my partcles not to "switch" at random times?

Thanks for any help

Stephen

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Spinning Static Fields and Multiple Particles
on Jan 7, 2007 at 12:19:52 pm

[sixgun] "Firstly: I need to create a ring of particles that rotates around a central point, like a wheel. I have managed to create the ring using a modified version of the Static Starfield preset but cannot get it to rotate. Any Suggestions including completly different methods?"

Emitter rotation is sampled at the birth of particles and thus does not affect already existing particles. You have to make the particles move e.g. by using the "Path" mode referenced to a circular path (read the help).

[sixgun] "Secondly: I need to create different particle types from a single emitter (more than two) Would I be able to, for example: Create a ten second comp then create a custom particle which is fourty seconds long and changes every ten seconds for a total of four particle "types"? Is there a way to get my partcles not to "switch" at random times?"

Use "Split Clip - Loop" and set the number of clips equal to the number of different particles you want. Each particle gets his assignment on birth, so he should not change and keep on looping for as long as it lives.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

sixgun
on Jan 7, 2007 at 1:25:36 pm

That's great thanks. Do these methods both apply to Ver 1 and 1.5? Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Jan 7, 2007 at 6:57:13 pm

The Path mode is a feature of 1.5 only, splitting the clips works also in 1.0.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]