FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make an image blow away like smoke - Particular?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yankeet
How to make an image blow away like smoke - Particular?
on Jan 5, 2007 at 7:39:15 pm

Hi, I have an image that moves towards the camera, as it gets close I want it to dissolve away as if it's smoke or clouds.

I made a cloud chamber in particular and used it as the alpha for the image, but I'd need the image to distort the way the clouds do.

How can I get this done?

I posted this in the AE forum and Mylenium wrote:
"Use a Layer Grid emitter and set the sampling of the particles to "At Birth" This will stick the initial particle color to the particles and after that you can do anything with them."

But I was not able to get the particles to be the image layer.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: How to make an image blow away like smoke - Particular?
on Jan 5, 2007 at 9:56:39 pm

[yankeet] "But I was not able to get the particles to be the image layer."

First off apologies for not keeping track of your post. To the matter at hand: No, of course you cannot translate your image 1 on 1 to particles. You still need to have some sort of crossfade transition. Particular does not project the image onto the particles, particles only inherit the color of the pixel they were born on on the grid plane (as do most image based emitters in 3D programs also, BTW). Simply speaking 1 particle = 1 pixel = 1 color. In your case you probably should animate your transition in a pre-comp, but not as a simple dissolve, much rather a block dissolve. Use your image, then make it more and more blocky. This way you can control the color of the individual cloudlets to some degree without them getting all a bunch of colored dots. Then in your main comp use a matte dissolve with Fractal Noise or a simple linear dissolve to belnd from your particular layer to your footage or vice versa. Basically you only need to find the right transition point to get a believable illusion.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]