FORUMS: list search recent posts

rain

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
rain
on Dec 27, 2006 at 11:15:00 pm

is there anyone that has rain for particual. spent the last hour on it cant seem to get it looking nice and falling away from the camera. like im looking down from heaven. i suck thanks

Return to posts index

daveyg
Re: rain
on Dec 28, 2006 at 6:38:44 pm

thats perfect. thanks man.. i have a question. im trying to break it apart to figure out myself. do you work on the particles first then the camera. for some reason. it looks like my particles kind of do an arch away from the camera. also, i dont get how it works, expecially since from a side view it looks like the lens of the camera isnt even pointing in the right direction. thanks though. i just want to learn it

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: rain
on Dec 28, 2006 at 7:01:46 pm

It really is nothing special. The particles are emitted upwards using a directional emitter (which you see correctly from the side view). This is mainly to control the spread/ diameter of the "tunnel". The fall itself is entirely based on gravity. Feel free to increase the size of the box and turn velocity to zero to have a more linear pattern. The only problem with that is, that there is ever so slightly a chnce, particles will move exactly thru the center of the camera, filling the entire screen. The directional emitter will also eliminate this problem for the most part.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]