FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accept light problem in Lux

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pontus D
Accept light problem in Lux
on Dec 20, 2006 at 9:07:57 am

Hi, I have a problem in Lux, creating a spot. I have shot a rotating airrifle and drawn a mask in its composition. I then nested the comp in a new and added a light and the lux to a solid layer. But the problem is that, even if I have turned off the "accept lights" on my rifle layer, it still gets affected by the lux. The black background in the rifle-layer becomes gray..... Please, help me!

/Pontus

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Accept light problem in Lux
on Dec 20, 2006 at 3:55:10 pm

No, I think you do not get the concept right. Lux is a truly 3D volumetric effect (sans shadows, but volumetric, nonetheless) entirely controlled by the light's properties. What you are seeing is the normal volumetric haze. If you need to get rid of it, make the cone of the light smaller and use a reach layer or adjust the range manually. If it shall only appear within the bounds of the layer, apply it as a matte on top of the Lux layer.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:11:11 am

BTW, and that jumped to my head while lying in bed, the include/ exclude stuff works, but your layers have to be 3D.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Pontus D
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:24:36 am

Hmm.....I don't know how to explain this....I see what you mean Mylenium, but I can't get it right anyway.... Here is a picture of what it lookes like right now (http://www.pontusdanielsson.se/rifle.jpg), and as you can see there is a gray line beneath the rifle. This comes from the black background in the rifle comp. If I turn off the Lux effect everything is good (except there is no lightbeam).

I tried to set the rifle as a matte, but then I dont't get all the information in that picture, just som shadows.... I just do not know what to do...

/Pontus

Return to posts index

Pontus D
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:26:13 am

sorry, but include/exclude stuff?

/Pontus

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 21, 2006 at 10:47:43 am

I mean the accept light settings. Your problem seems completely unrealted to Lux. To me it looks like the Alpha on your rifle image is not completely transparent. It may be just a tiny bit opaque and would not show, but since the light is blended in additively, it would jump out. I'd also try to work in 16 bpc. The improved precision of AE's calculations might be enough to get rid of the problem.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Pontus D
on Dec 21, 2006 at 11:20:21 am

Thanks for all the tips, but I can't get it right...

The thing is that the part that becomes gray is not an alpha channel but a black background (the rifle were shot against a black background). And this is what becomes lighten up. So maybe there isn't anything to do about it? or.... I'm just probably stupid :)

/Pontus

Return to posts index

Majid Al-Aydeross
on Mar 20, 2009 at 2:03:32 pm

Just incase someone else stumbles upon this thread as I did when trying to figure out the same problem. I solved it by applying Lux to a Solid instead of an Adjustment Layer which was causing the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]