FORUMS: list search recent posts

logo reveal with a twist

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
logo reveal with a twist
on Dec 11, 2006 at 3:11:19 am

hey all im trying to do something pretty cool, but cant seem to put my hand on it. say i have the words SCOTLAND bold font i want the first part of my animation to start with the words on screen but then have the letters dissapear into particles BUT not just anyway. I want the particles to start removing from the S down to the D one letter at a time with all the particles all headed towards the S. THEN, have the particles follow a path(dont know how) of a corkscrew towards the screen. Then rebuild themselves again, starting with the D one letter at a time until the s appears. IS THIS possible. AM I TOO CONFUSING. THanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: logo reveal with a twist
on Dec 11, 2006 at 6:59:13 am

Let's say it's not impossible, but it's going to be a lot of work. He most important thing is that you build all effects separately - one comp for the dissolve, one for the corkscrew, one for the buildup. The only way to perfectly control everything would be to use layer emitters. Animate your Letters dissolving in a pre-comp, then use this as a emitter for Particular. To control the move of your particles, use Wind. To get them sucked into the vortex, use a radial field with a strong negative setting and animate its position accordingly. For the vortex itself simply use the motion paths option. For the buildup, use a comp similar to the dissolve, but time-reverse it. Put all your comps in a main comp and adjust their inpoints until everything looks okay. You may need to do some masking to kill overshooting particles near the radial field.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Dec 11, 2006 at 5:26:09 pm

sounds tough but im working on it. PROBLEM already. i have a simple dissolve animation preset. black letter to practice. when i use it as a layer emmitter i have almost 30000 particles per second and there still isnt nearly enough particles on screen. seems strange. this sounds like fun.. i still totally dont understand the vortex part like make a teist in AI then bring it in. this is actually really fun THANKS

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 11, 2006 at 7:04:55 pm

Yes, layer emitters always look "thinned out". The only way to somewhat better the situation is to crop the pre-comps to only the extent barely necessary to achieve the effect. This way the underlying grid will have to cover less pixels and be more dense. not sure what you mean by having problems with the vortex. This should actually be the simplest part of it all.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Dec 11, 2006 at 7:38:33 pm

mmmm after the particles dissolve the text, i need to have another comp that finishes off the particles into the vortex. where is the radial field for strong negative numbers.

then add another comp for the spiral. thanks dude

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 12, 2006 at 10:14:27 am

The Radial Filed can be found in the Physics section just way down near the end of the Air physics.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]