FORUMS: list search recent posts

text with different transparencies

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bembler
text with different transparencies
on Dec 10, 2006 at 1:17:28 pm

Hi
I did some work with particular. text is falling from the top to the bottom. it is just one word - but with particular it comes in different sizes. that is ok so far. what I want: the smaller sizes should be less opac then the bigger ones. I tried with aux, I tried with obscuration layer (a ramp black and white) but I did not get it. Anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong ?
thanks and greetings from munich

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: text with different transparencies
on Dec 10, 2006 at 1:44:07 pm

You can randomize opacity just as you can with size and it can be animated "Over Life" just as well. Unless you use the latter option and control your properties accordingly, there is no way to tie them both together, however.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

bembler
on Dec 10, 2006 at 4:27:21 pm

hi
thanks for answering. I'm not shure if I understand it the right way (my english is really not so good).
these settings I made:
size and size random = 100
size over live: from big to none
opacity = 100 and opacity random = 0
opacity over live: from big to none
What I want: the smaller the size the smoller the opacity
What you said (if I am right): one can't combine this.
but how can I solve this problem and achieve what I want to do ?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 11, 2006 at 6:40:21 am

What you are trying to do should work, you probably only need to adjust the "Over Life" curves. Remember: Parameters are evaluated over the lifespan of the particle, not absolute composition time. Unless the two perfectly coincide, there is no guarantees that all your particles will have a certain size or opacity at any given frame. you have to make sure your emit them all at the same time to achieve that (animate the "Particles/ sec." parameter from very high values to zero within a few frames).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]