FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create cloud using particular? (fly through)

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane
How to create cloud using particular? (fly through)
on Dec 4, 2006 at 5:46:55 pm

I am working on a animation in Cinema 4D and instead of using C4D's particle system to create clouds, I want to use Particular since its faster. (C4D's pyrocluster is very slow when rendering).

The camera data in C4D will be imported into AE, so that will already be taken care of, however, I am uncertain as to how to make nice puffy clouds that the camera can fly through, and fly around.

Since the clouds will not be moving, and do not have an outward emitting force, what setting should I use? (point, box, light, etc)?

Usualy when doing this, I would create a light in C4D, and name it Emitter, then particular would use it, but since I want a fully formed cloud, where should I start?

Any info would be appreciated. Im sure its something simple that I have overlooked.

Thanks
Shane

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: How to create cloud using particular? (fly through)
on Dec 4, 2006 at 6:43:22 pm

Use a layer or layer grid emitter to shape the cloud. By creating the shape in a precomp with all tools AE provides and producing a clean Alpha, you can easily control where the puffs should appear. Emit a few particles over a short time, slow them down to a halt using Air Resistance and then have them move and wobble using Turbulence and spin (if that's what you need).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Shane
on Dec 5, 2006 at 7:15:34 pm

I havent tried the layer method yet, but here is what im dealing with. (maybe ill need to change my plans) In Cinema 4D, I have lights that are positioned throughout the scene. Each light represents a place where a cloud needs to be. The camera is on a path that goes around these lights, and through them.

If I choose "layer emitter", it will ask me which layer do I want to use, but the only layer I have is the animation footage, and then the particular layer (which was created to apply particular to the comp)

Should I do this another way? My last attempt was using one of the lights, and while the cloud appeared, it was round and looked more like a cottonball, and not a cloud. There needs to be some shaping down instead of a round puffy ball.

Im still new to particular, so bare with me.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 6, 2006 at 3:18:23 pm

Well, if you are following that road, then your options are limited. The lights will basically act as spheroid emitters and it will be very hard to get any structure in them. Basically you'd still have to use Turbulence and Spin, have it run for a while to randomize the arrangement of your cloudlets and then stop it somehow to freeze the clouds in place. That alone could take a while. If you already have worked out the layout and animation in C4D, it probably wouldn't be too much trouble to do an orthographic render of the top view and then touch this up in Photoshop to paint in areas where particles should be emitted. You could then use this map as a layer emitter in Particular which makes things a lot, lot easier.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]