FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snow Flake Emitter Problem

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Berrisford
Snow Flake Emitter Problem
on Dec 4, 2006 at 6:22:50 am

I am trying to use a clip of a snow flake twirling (made with 3D stroke) as custom particle. I have a box emiiter at the top of my comp with a with a width wide enough to spread it across the op of my comp, but it has no Z or Y dimensions to its box parameters. The flakes are falling essentially as I would like, but I have a problem with how they appear and disappear. I have the custom particle set to "Random-Loop" but even when I set the life of my particles to much longer than my comp's time and they have plenty of time to fall of the bottom of the comp, they still disappear before they reach the bottom. Even more puzzling (at least to me) is that they APPEAR in the middle of my comp and don't appear to be eminating from the emmiter.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I would think this would be a fairly easy effect to acheive without those issues I simply want my flakes to emmit from above the top of the comp, and stay "alive" until after they drop off the bottom.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Snow Flake Emitter Problem
on Dec 4, 2006 at 11:14:45 am

Make sure you have a proper camera in your composition and the emitter is a short distance away. The clipping problems you describe only appear when the emitter (and thus the particles) are too close.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
on Dec 4, 2006 at 4:57:38 pm

Thanks, but what would be a good distance. I have tried close and far and it doesn't solve the issue. Right now my Camera is 1000 on the Z plane and the Emitter is -1000 and I have tried various distances. It works fine if I don't use a custom particle.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 4, 2006 at 6:39:07 pm

Then perhaps your custom particle is rotating in a unsuitable manner and Particular too often incidentally samples it when it's viewed edge-on, making it invisible. Have your tried enabling motion blur, both on the custom particle and in Particular itself? Liek I said in another post, this can do wonders as it forces PArticular to look up multiple frames and average them.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]