FORUMS: list search recent posts

Super Cool Trail Effect!!

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rajarshi
Super Cool Trail Effect!!
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:22:44 pm

Hi,

I watched this cool russian vampire flick called Daywatch, where this effect was used...

The vampire is pulled back, and when he is pulled back...the trails from his eyeballs, resemble on a neon texture ...like a when you shoot a ciggarette end in low shutter speed...this trail then disappears smokily...

I'm sure this effect can be done using particular...almost the same way as the Nano Trails...but I don't know expressions to control the trails...Please suggest a solution to crack this...

i have put up a picture here...

http://www.iinterlaced.blogspot.com

Thanks

Rajarshi

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Super Cool Trail Effect!!
on Nov 30, 2006 at 7:39:06 pm

You don't need any expressions. Just track the emitter position to the eyes and set Velocity in Particular to zero. This way the emitter will move, but leave particles behind wherever it was. The rest is just a matter of tweaking settings such as Life, Opacity over Life and Color over Life.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Rajarshi
Re: Super Cool Trail Effect!!
on Dec 5, 2006 at 6:45:52 pm

Hi Mylenium,

Thanks for the tip. The emitter tracking is working fine. But I can't seem to get the thin wispy smoky trails that I want.

I have tried every possible combination between the Emitter and Particle Tabs.

Is there any other plugin with which I can get this result ? Or is it possible with Particular , but I just can't seem to get it ?

Thanks

Raj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]