FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible for Particular to "wrap" around a 3d enabled object?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TheBearsTooth
Possible for Particular to "wrap" around a 3d enabled object?
on Nov 29, 2006 at 12:19:16 am

I want to have particular fly and "wrap" around a solid (3d enabled). It doesn't seem possible. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Possible for Particular to "wrap" around a 3d enabled object?
on Nov 29, 2006 at 7:51:31 am

Make the solid the "Obscuration Layer" inside particular's effects controls (in the Visibility section).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

sraziel
on Nov 30, 2006 at 8:59:19 am

I'm having a hard time following this myself and I think this description is vague. On which layer to you apply the Particular effect in order to set the Obscuration layer? I keep playing around with the coordinate system and I'm not getting a "wrap around" or "twist" around the object. I'm using a composition layer as the wrap around. The effect of Particular remains soley in the front or soley in the back. I am very unclear on how to change this. You may be as brief as you like with the solution, but make sure it is concise. THANKS!!!

PS - If you could do a quick step by step that would help (ie, 1. Create new layer; 2. Apply effect to layer; 3. set x component to to such and such; 4. mess with a,b,c settings to get desired effect).

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:03:30 pm

Particular should always be on a empty layer that spans the entire composition size. This layer is a 2D layer. Ideally it is just a black solid (black works best win case you need to use blendmodes later on because it's most predictable). The layer with Particular should be at the top of your composition (index 1), regardless of what else is going on. This is so Particular has a means of accessing all layers and see their properties. Only any custom lights Particular itself uses with layer emitters or for shadowing cloudlets should be on top of Particular.

In such a "clean" setup, any layer below can be an obscuration layer. The only condition is that it has its 3D switch enabled. In a perfect world you of course also have a proper camera and lights. You need of course take care that Particular's emitter has sensible Z position values - if the obscuration layer is at 500 pixels, the emitter must be at least at 501 to go behind the layer.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:05:33 pm

Particular should always be on a empty layer that spans the entire composition size. This layer is a 2D layer. Ideally it is just a black solid (black works best win case you need to use blendmodes later on because it's most predictable). The layer with Particular should be at the top of your composition (index 1), regardless of what else is going on. This is so Particular has a means of accessing all layers and see their properties. Only any custom lights Particular itself uses with layer emitters or for shadowing cloudlets should be on top of Particular.

In such a "clean" setup, any layer below can be an obscuration layer. The only condition is that it has its 3D switch enabled. In a perfect world you of course also have a proper camera and lights. You need of course take care that Particular's emitter has sensible Z position values - if the obscuration layer is at 500 pixels, the emitter must be at least at 501 to go behind the layer.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:10:07 pm

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

James Hooey
on Mar 21, 2010 at 6:04:41 pm

Mylenium,

This seems to be an issue when I use a 3D comped layer with collapse transformations applied (such as a 3D cube)...obscuration doesn't work...

any suggestions?

If I'm not learning something....I'm bored.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]