FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating explosion with particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob
creating explosion with particular
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 12:02:38 am

is there a way to create particles that are glittery shards of glass or do i need to create these in a 3d program and use particular to shatter them? i'm not looking for an exploding piece of glass but just the actual particles.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: creating explosion with particular
on Nov 28, 2006 at 5:37:18 am

No, you cannot have solid geometry particles in Particular. Feel free to create custom particles in any manner you can think of.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Rob
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 11:45:47 pm

any thoughts on how i can create the effect i described above?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 29, 2006 at 8:52:56 am

I was thinking... how about using Shatter rather than Particular for this effect? Does it have a "glass" mode or is it just for bricks etc?

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 29, 2006 at 7:50:25 am

Inside AE you'd probably simply use masked 3D layers in pre-comps. Add a light to each precomp and amitae the rotation of the fragment. Then put together multiple of those precomps in another precomp. Use this pre-comp as a custom particle with one of the "Split clip" methods. Make the number of clips equivalent to the number of different fragments. To control the glitter amount, use effects such as Levels post Particular. for more bling-bling, use Starglow or the Glow effect.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Rob
by
on Nov 29, 2006 at 9:42:16 pm

haha, bling bling sounds good and precomping a 3d layer makes total sense, will give it a shot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]