FORUMS: list search recent posts

It's Air or Bounce but not both in Particular ?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Bonniol
It's Air or Bounce but not both in Particular ?
on Nov 25, 2006 at 8:19:55 pm

Here's my scenario: I'm creating a variety of blowing snow clips for use in projections in an opera. I'm so please with the air physics engine... I had been noodling around in Particle Illusion (which I continue to love), but Particular was giving me great, intuitive results pretty quickly. Here's the rub though. I want the blowing snow to also have realistic behaviors as it approaches the bottom of the frame (i.e. the ground). When I turn of air and engage bounce, I get wonderful results (particularly with the slide mode), but I have found that I cannot have my wind, and my collision object. Am I missing something, or is this the case ? Man I hope I'm missing something !

Let me know...

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: It's Air or Bounce but not both in Particular ?
on Nov 26, 2006 at 12:33:17 pm

Nope, it's just like that. While obviously some trickery can be done, you cannot use colisions with the Air model nor can you use wind with the Bounce model. I believe it's got something to do with minimising computational overhead. Maybe Peder can sort it out for a potential v2 of Particular. For the time being you should add some transitional area with heavily feathered edges somewhere halfway the traveling distance and blend two instances of Particular.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]