FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create SPARKS (Particular) from an Alpha Layer

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
silversurfer
How to create SPARKS (Particular) from an Alpha Layer
on Nov 24, 2006 at 5:26:13 pm

Hello,

I have a logo burning on screen with a straight unmatted alpha channel embedded. My client wants me to add flares & sparks to the burn-in. Can I use Particular to create the SPARKS that are emulated from the alpha layer?

Please help...deadline looming :)

- Joey

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: How to create SPARKS (Particular) from an Alpha Layer
on Nov 24, 2006 at 6:10:37 pm

Sure. Use your layer as a layer or layer grid emitter. Not sure what exactly you need, but you may need to generate some contours around th holes and use those to limit the effect to certain areas. Make sure you set RGB usage to something suitable as well.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

silversurfer
on Nov 24, 2006 at 6:54:43 pm

Thanx for responding. I want to limit the sparks to the areas of the logo that are burning on and not the areas where the logo is already revealed. When you say "contours", do you mean masks? Also what do you mean by setting the RGB to something suitable? Please be as specific as possible as this plug-in is very deep and I just started learning it not too long ago.

Thanx again.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 25, 2006 at 1:24:34 pm

Extract contours by using a duplicate of your original layer. If the text burns on the top area, just offset the matte towards the bottom, for a exapnding burnhole effect use Simple Choker or similar effects to expand/ erode the matte layer. By using some senisible RGB setting I mean to turn it off mostly. By default your particles will inherit the colors of the pixels they were emitted from, which is not what you want for fiery sparks. If not taken care of, things such as color over life don't work and you will forever wonder why... ;O)

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]