FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Whitecaps With Particular and After Effects

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
faucheux
Making Whitecaps With Particular and After Effects
on Nov 16, 2006 at 5:13:38 pm

Does anyone know how to make waves in particular? I can get the pulsating action of the whitecaps but I can't get it to bend properly. (I need to match existing animation of water.)
I tried using a straight emitter shape and warping the shape in After Effects Distort but to no avail.
I am trying to get the emitter to flex and bend over time. In combustion you can pick a bezier line as your emitter shape and animate a bending movement. Does AE or Particular have anyting like this?
Thanks,
Faucheux

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Making Whitecaps With Particular and After Effects
on Nov 16, 2006 at 7:55:24 pm

No, not natively. Your attempt at bending and warping wasn't that off, but perhaps you just didn't have the right tool. I suggest you get yourself the demo of Digital Anarchy's Anarchy Toolbox which contains Path Distort and try again. Animate a simple mask along the edges of your waves and make Path Distort deform your foam.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

faucheux
on Nov 17, 2006 at 12:24:34 am

Thanks for the help. I was able to set up the Digital Anarchy plug-in with Particular in AE. but I am still having problems.

Path Distort is animating with my path alright, but my particles are not animating. I double checked and have the correct layer chosen via the path button as well as the correct path.
I have "combine with original" chosen but when I run a ram preview, the alpha is still visible. As I understand the manual, when "combine with original" is chosen, the alpha should dissappear.

Do you have any ideas as to what I may have left out or not set up correctly?

By the way I am using a trial version of the plug-in. My system is a Mac G-5

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 17, 2006 at 6:42:03 am

Make sure your particles are i na sub-comp. path Distort doesn't like "open" layers where the Alpha is not properly pre-calculated. This is a limitation in the way how AE handles this kind of stuff in the rendering chain. I also usually don't put it on the original, I use a solid on top of it to render the Path Distort. This avoids any problems and gives you the freedom to apply even more effects.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]