FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular generated 3d stroke animated with a light looks jagged when it moves

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mozwald
Particular generated 3d stroke animated with a light looks jagged when it moves
on Nov 15, 2006 at 5:33:32 am

Im using particular to create a 3d stroke to flow through a 3d enviroment, but when the stroke bends and curves in places it becomes really jagged on the path that i have animated with a moving light. I notice that this path doesnt seem to be able to be edited like a pen tool's path. Is there anyway to smooth out the lights movement path so it doesnt look so jagged?

some places along the path have dots such as (. . . . .) but the jagged stuff looks like (. . . .) is this a key frame issue?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular generated 3d stroke animated with a light looks jagged when it moves
on Nov 15, 2006 at 6:10:44 pm

Either make the duration of the light's motion longer or use the smooth interpolation method for the path. Your jagginess is most likely caused by too few inbetween frames between keyframes, making each segment look straigt.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular generated 3d stroke animated with a light looks jagged when it moves
on Nov 15, 2006 at 7:10:56 pm

Not sure, either Mylenium is right, in that case make the light move slower or increase the framerate.
Or, it may be that you just need to increase Particles/sec to get a denser stroke.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

mozwald
on Nov 15, 2006 at 11:40:10 pm

hmmm, i cant add more key frames to some places in the line. Increasing the particles doesnt add much to the thickness. What is "smooth interpolation method for the path?"

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 16, 2006 at 6:28:30 am

[mozwald] "hmmm, i cant add more key frames to some places in the line"

Nobody's asking you to. Just stretch out your keyframes. When using the Path mode it doesn't matter how long the animation of the guiding light is, but having longer time periods inbetween will effectively improve smoothing of the interpolation (which happens entirely on the AE end of things, not the effect). If you are using the light to illuminate your scene as well, use a duplicate of it as the guide for Particular so the rest of your scene stays intact.

Mylenium.

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]