FORUMS: list search recent posts

stars float around head with particular/3d stroke/AE tracker

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rivlinm
stars float around head with particular/3d stroke/AE tracker
on Nov 12, 2006 at 11:02:55 pm

Hello all.

I have a 20 second clip of someone and i want to show stars going around their head (like a cartoon when they are just hit on the head).

is there a way to get a path in 3d stroke to follor a tracker connected to the moving person in the video, and then have the emmitter track to 3d path with in 3d stroke?

also is there an easier way to do this (i need z clipping behind their head also)

any help or documentation would be appreciated.

matthew

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: stars float around head with particular/3d stroke/AE tracker
on Nov 13, 2006 at 6:29:48 am

[rivlinm] "is there a way to get a path in 3d stroke to follor a tracker connected to the moving person in the video, and then have the emmitter track to 3d path with in 3d stroke"

Nope. How should it? 3D stroke works on a 2D layer itself which can't be used as an emitter no matter what. You need to create the circle using the effect of same name in a pre-comp and use that pre-comp as the emitter shape (layer mode). Assuming your person is properly keyed and has a clean Alpha, using particular's obscuration feature should give you proper coverage of particles behind the talent.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

rivlinm
on Nov 13, 2006 at 4:38:43 pm

i guess im not quite following your suggested approach.

when you say key, do you mean key out the background???
you say add an effect with the same name???
if its not to much trouble can you clarify the process a bi more.

also, in 3d stroke, i can get small segments of the stroke to circle around his head, is there any way you can make shapes follow that line?

thanks a ton.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 13, 2006 at 6:39:33 pm

[rivlinm] "when you say key, do you mean key out the background???"

Yes, keying, masking, painting - whatever suits your purpose.

[rivlinm] "also, in 3d stroke, i can get small segments of the stroke to circle around his head, is there any way you can make shapes follow that line?"

No. 3DStroke does "dots", and dots only. If you have Particular anyway, you should explore the "Path" mode there. It will pretty much give you that kind of effect without using 3DStroke at all.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]