FORUMS: list search recent posts

flight path

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pom_boarder
flight path
on Nov 7, 2006 at 7:26:58 am

Hey all,

I thought that this would be something I could do with 3d stroke but I may have been wrong as I cant seem to control the strokes shape. Im trying to track across a map drawing a 3d stroke from point 'a' which rises up towards camera, I follow it across the map until it descends to point 'b'.

Im fine with getting the line to draw but I cant work out how to get the curvature of the line Im after where the apex of the curve is close to the camera.

Can anyone give me some pointers or tell me it cant be done?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

zuktoor2
Re: flight path
on Nov 7, 2006 at 11:40:23 am

Hi Pom,

You should try to draw your path curved instead of drawing straight. Once you've done that, try to position the stroke perpendicular to your map using the 3dstroke transform>rotation system. Put 3d stroke camera settings on "comp camera". You just have to animate your camera after that!

Return to posts index

zuktoor2
AE file uploaded
on Nov 7, 2006 at 12:02:01 pm

Hey I put the AE file I did for U onto my ftp:

just go onto http://www.visualdomain.tv/trapcode

and save target as!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: flight path
on Nov 7, 2006 at 12:05:16 pm

You need to draw your mask shape as a parabolic curve or circle and then rotate it in place using the internal transformation controls. There is no need to exaggerate since you can also use the tapering to thicken up your stroke where it's closer to the camera. As an addition, you should think of having your stroke cast a shadow on your map. It can be completely fake but should reflect the shape of the curve. It will greatly help you sell the illusion.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]