FORUMS: list search recent posts

Congrats to Peder on your arrangement with Red Giant. Should we be worried?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ClintVideo
Congrats to Peder on your arrangement with Red Giant. Should we be worried?
on Nov 2, 2006 at 4:34:24 pm

Congratulations! It seems like the deal with Red Giant should work out very well for you. I'm one of the many who have enjoyed excellent service (and fair pricing, in my opinion) from Trapcode. That makes me wonder if the Red Giant people will live up to those same high standards?

I don't have any reason to doubt them, it's just that I have never worked with Red Giant at all. Hopefully they'll give us the same level of service etc. that we've grown accustomed to from you, Peder. Can you give us any specific assurances?

Clint F
Bismarck, ND

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Congrats to Peder on your arrangement with Red Giant. Should we be worried?
on Nov 2, 2006 at 4:51:31 pm

[ClintVideo] "That makes me wonder if the Red Giant people will live up to those same high standards?"

Programming-wise that should be no problem, but I'm seriously concerned with their pricing policy. While they certainly have some great products, many of them are definitely overpriced. Let's hope that their somewhat distorted scheme doesn't afflict Trapcode products or they will see a massive decline in popularity 'cos users can't afford them any longer.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 2, 2006 at 5:08:49 pm

No need to worry, I can guarantee that I'll be working closely with Red Giant and see that everything works out great. The whole point of the deal, from my perspective, is that I'll be able to focus on what I do best - development of cool graphics software.

There has been a growing amount of pre-sales issues like payment, invoicing, quotes and other pure administrative tasks that has taken a lot of my time, now I'll free up that time.

Red Giant's support team will be able to handle issues much faster and better than I could on my own and any real hard cases will still be forwarded to me.

This arrangement will be of benefit to us all.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Spiro
on Nov 2, 2006 at 5:28:38 pm

What will happen to trapcode-people.net?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Nov 2, 2006 at 9:48:23 pm

I'm not sure yet what exactly will happen to Trapcode People. I basically only need someone to help administer the site - more specific to approve/deny new files. It's only a few files a week so far, but that seems to be growing...

Also, the site itself needs some work but the original coders are not very responsive, the site is a php-program.

I will let you know as soon as I know, but for sure the site will continue one way or the other.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 2, 2006 at 6:40:02 pm

Thanks Peder. I perfectly understand your business reasons. I just was afraid you have given up too much control. I hope we will see many more great plugins from you in the not so far future.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

zuktoor2
on Nov 2, 2006 at 10:00:56 pm

Hi Guys, I'm glad that Peder will have more time to give to programming, he's a god in that area!

I've working on after effects everyday for a while now (12 years) and I should admit that they're the best plugins ever.

I'm looking forward to see the new releases! I have some ideas for you:
a better invigorator because right now to be honest it sucks!

Keep it up!

Zuktoor2. Art Director. Caribbean.

Return to posts index

Micah Sharp
on Nov 2, 2006 at 11:07:09 pm

Hey guys, just thought I should introduce myself. John in support will probably be the face of Red Giant here more than I, but just rest assured we are all committed to making our partnership a success. Just let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

Micah Sharp
Red Giant Software
Engineering

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Nov 4, 2006 at 1:50:53 pm

Peder,

Your new partnership sounds great. Can't wait to see what's next from you.

Zuktoor2, I'm curious as to why you're dissatisfied with Invigorator. (I'm a host of the Zaxwerks forum, but don't work for the company.) Perhaps we could take that discussion to the Zaxwerks forum. Like Peder, Zax is very interested in feedback about his products.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]