FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular - fading out particles emitted from layer

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jporter313
Particular - fading out particles emitted from layer
on Nov 1, 2006 at 9:45:49 pm

Hi all,

I'm using particular to emit particles from a layer, however, when I emit particles from a layer it seems to turn off all "over life" attributes.

This makes it so i can't fade out my particles because I can't adjust their opacity over life, so they all just pop-out. Does anyone know a trick to make this look a little smoother or a way to enable particle life attributes while emitting from a layer?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular - fading out particles emitted from layer
on Nov 2, 2006 at 4:53:30 pm

Make sure you set particle sampling to "At Birth" or otherwise they will never change because naturally the pixel they were sampled from may not change with the "Current Time" setting if you have e.g. static text.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

jporter313
on Nov 2, 2006 at 10:40:07 pm

They lock to "at birth" when you set it to a layer emitter. My frustration with this is that this seems to lock out all other lifespan attributes, so there's no way I can edit particles size or opacity over their lifespan when they're being emitted from a layer. Am I right about this? it's really aggravating.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Nov 3, 2006 at 8:45:29 am

No, they don't. You need of course set "Layer RGB Usage" to "none" and everything will work just fine.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

jporter313
on Nov 6, 2006 at 8:39:04 pm

thanks, much for the help. I'll try that.

Justin

Return to posts index

jporter313
on Nov 8, 2006 at 12:33:20 am

ok, so I tried that. It removes the color being emitted from the image from the particles.

I can understand why the color over life must be disabled (as the particles inherit their color from the emitting image at birth, although it'd be nice to have a way to change the end life color), what I don't understand is why I can't modify the opacity or size over life, this makes it very difficult to get a professional looking result when emitting from an image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]