FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Particular to a current comp

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kingalbo
Adding Particular to a current comp
on Oct 30, 2006 at 7:45:27 pm

Hi There...I wonder if anyone can help me with this??

Basically I have a produced a layered comp in which a camera moves around to the points of interest (keyed out video comped onto still images without backgrounds etc). I want to add some light streaks to the comp and have seen Andrew Kramer's great 'Nano' tutorial. I've not had a problem re-creating this at all, but, I want to add this effect to my current comp and move the light streak around dipping in and out/behind the images and so on as the camera follows it's current path.

I'm having real problems working this one out!

Is it possible to do this??

Help!!

Alex

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Adding Particular to a current comp
on Oct 30, 2006 at 10:20:52 pm

That's not really easily possible. The culprit here is obscuration. You can only haveone obscuration layer in Particular and that means as soon as you work with multiple layers, you're pretty much at a loss. The only clean way around this is to use multiple instances of your Particular layer, assign one of your layers as the obscuration layer and then adjust each instance's clippng in the Visibility option - where one instance ends, the other one begins, figuring in obscuration. Obviously this means a lot of extra layers and tweaking. You might get away by using an identical duplicate of your entire composition as a matte on your particle layer, but from what you wrote, it doesn't sound like this would be the case.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

kingalbo
Re: Adding Particular to a current comp
on Oct 31, 2006 at 10:40:45 am

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense...i think! I'll be giving this my best shot to get the look I want. Being new to Particular and still fairly new to AE I'm sure i'll have some more problems so you may hear from me again soon!

Thanks again

Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]