FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another starfield question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drilldoc
Another starfield question
on Oct 16, 2006 at 5:15:07 am

I used Particular to create a static starfield, but I noticed that you run out of stars if you look too far in space one way or another. I took my camera from far away and observed that starfield Particular created had a fixed size. Is there a way to expand the starfield and number of stars?

Dave

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Another starfield question
on Oct 16, 2006 at 6:08:13 am

Not sure how large your starfield actually is, but Particular won't allow you to go beyond 30000 pixels distance from the camera. So if you have already exhausted that limit, than there is no way of expanding any further. However, in your case I think you can quite nicely get away with just using another starfield in a precomp as a background element. It should not be to difficult to match them up. If you use multiple such backgrounds, you can even create a multi-plane parallax.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

drilldoc
on Oct 16, 2006 at 3:45:28 pm

I thought of doing that, but thought there might be something in particular that I could adjust. I'm well within 30,000 pixels. I tried using a bigger solid to apply particular to, other than the comp size, but when I did that, all the stars were gone. Maybe my computer is choking on the data size.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 16, 2006 at 6:14:25 pm

Actually you only need to give your particles more time to expand (not several billion years like from big bang to real universe, bu ta few keyframes more...) Just shift the PTF's timing or whatever you use to stop your particles to a later point or increase the emitter size (if you haven't maxed it out yet).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

drilldoc
on Oct 17, 2006 at 4:34:24 am

OK. I figured it out. With the static preset, you need to increase the velocity of the particles. That makes the starfield bigger. You can then make more stars by increasing the aux. particles. This works pretty good and gets the desired result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]