FORUMS: list search recent posts

particular color changing

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benhandy
particular color changing
on Oct 4, 2006 at 11:33:55 am

Hello!
I am using particular 1.5 with after effects 7 on windows xp, and am having some particles on a motion path. i want the particels to change the color at different times, but completely, the whole thing, not as i can do with "color over life" just partly. i really didn't find a thing. if i set color "at birth" it'll stay all time, if i set "at birth" it won't change at all. i tried all the setting that could affect each other, but didn't find a solution for chaning the color for the whole thing like i could to with keyframes for, lets say some solid. does anyone know what i could do?
thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: particular color changing
on Oct 4, 2006 at 3:06:05 pm

Your thinking is counter the logic of any particle system (no offence) - by definition a particle is watched and changed over its entire lifecycle which is the expected behavior in 99% of all cases. There's no perfect solution to your problem.

a) you could either try to use color correction effects

b) use a layer emitter - when you set the sampling to "Current time", you can animate the color of the emitter and it will be inherited by the particles (just make sure you animate the color in a sub-comp!!!)

c) create multiple instances of your particle system in separate comps and then blend those comps

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: particular color changing
on Oct 4, 2006 at 5:09:55 pm

If you want the whole thing to change color at the same time, simply apply an effect that changes the color after Trapcode Particular. Like a color-corrector, there is a bunch built into AE. I think the simplest is called "Fill", it will fill any alpha channel with a user selectable (keyframable) color. (this is myleniums #a but more specific)

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]