FORUMS: list search recent posts

flat 3d stroke

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kilmyneo
flat 3d stroke
on Oct 3, 2006 at 10:45:34 pm

how can i do a FLAT 3d stroke???? it is possible???

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: flat 3d stroke
on Oct 4, 2006 at 3:24:02 am

No. 3DStroke has no other brush types. If you need it, try Particular with a custom particle shape.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
on Oct 4, 2006 at 5:04:35 am

If you could provide a better idea of what you mean by "flat" there could be some ideas on how to achieve it.

Return to posts index

kilmyneo
on Oct 4, 2006 at 4:18:50 pm

whit flat i mean like warner channel 3d line have you seen it? its a flat 3d line moving in a Z space ( not like a simple line in 3d space) ...........just like a 3d stroke ( wich is rounded ) but i want FLAT, i hope you can understand me better know. thanks

Return to posts index

Nick Berrisford
on Oct 5, 2006 at 5:23:27 pm

I think I understand - sounds like you mean a look similar to the light trails in the new iPod ads . . . in that situation, Mylenium is right as usual - it is not something inherent in the plugin. While it would be VERY hard to do to acheiev the erratic streaks in the iPod ad, a simple ribbon look could be acheived by cutting a mask that restricts the shape of the 3D Stroke to a flat shape and then using it as an alpha matte for the 3D Stroke - unless of course you need that ribbon to ALSO animate in 3D space . . . at which point you will need to go to a more truly 3D oriented package rather than trying to fake it 2D space.

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Oct 7, 2006 at 8:35:18 pm

how would you get a flat stroke in particular. what custom shape would you use by the way.

Return to posts index

joe
by
on Oct 8, 2006 at 6:22:00 pm

I think he means square instead of rounded ends.

Return to posts index

kilmyneo
on Oct 8, 2006 at 8:33:55 pm

yes, flat end...................how can I say.......a flat 3d stroke, just like a paper.

Return to posts index

kilmyneo
on Oct 8, 2006 at 9:26:38 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]