FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular 3D space

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerrard
Particular 3D space
on Sep 19, 2006 at 7:24:05 am

I downloaded the demo and set up some particles on stage with Trapcode Particular 1.5. The question is how can I get other objects and layers to operate in the same 3D space as the particles I've just created. The solid with the particular effect is only 2D and layers in front or behind doesen't effect the Z-axis correctly. They either obsuce or ends up behind the particles.
Any solution or hints?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular 3D space
on Sep 19, 2006 at 4:39:27 pm

Actually you need to rephrase your question: how can I make Particular interact with other 3D layers? The answer is simple: Use your 3D layer(s) as obscuration objects (assign them in the plugin itself down in the visibility options). There are limits to that (which isn't Particular's fault for the most part, more AE's insufficient 3D API), so you may also look into classical masking/ matte techniques using multiple layers with identical settings for your particles.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Gerrard
Re: Particular 3D space
on Sep 20, 2006 at 8:03:56 am

Phew...that's to bad:(
I have a write-on stroke followed by a camera driving through 300 particles. That's going to be finished New Years Eve.....2010, considering my masking-/ and overall AE skills. I'm already in over my head and I need to take another approach. That's to bad because the particles I've made with TC Paticular 1.5 were amazing. And that's all because of the Trapcode tool. I will take no credit :)
Thanks anyway Mylenium for your quick response.

Regards

Gerrard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]